Application forms for nursing and other paramedical courses that come under single window counseling will begin at all government medical colleges from Wednesday. Apart from pharmacology and physiotherapy, this year the directorate of medical education, will offer a bachelor’s degree in audiology and speech language therapy (BASLT) during the first phase of single window counseling. 3772 application forms for MBBS/BDS courses were sold on Tuesday. The number of applications sold for medical and dental courses for admissions to colleges that come under the single window counseling has crossed 12,000 in the last two days.
The selection committee, which is in-charge of assigning students to various colleges, allotted 25 students to BASLT courses in Madras Medical College only after the second phase of counseling in 2010.
The committee is also expecting an increase in the seats for undergraduate nursing courses. Presently, there are 175 seats in four government medical colleges including
- Madras Medical College
- Madurai Medical College
- Salem Medical College
- Chengulpet Medical College
There are 120 private medical colleges offering 4,000 seats. The forms are on sale at government medical colleges on submitting a DD of Rs. 350 drawn in favour of secretary, selection committee, and payable in Chennai.
- The last date for submitting the application forms: June 2
- Counseling will be in July
The application can also be used to apply for undergraduate courses in B.Pharm and physiotherapy. There are 110 seats for B.Pharm courses in Madras Medical College and Madurai Medical College, and 50 seats for physiotherapy at Trichy Medical College and Madras Medical College. There are 31 private pharmacology colleges and 27 physiotherapy colleges.
Incoming search terms:
- application for paramedical courses in tamilnadu 2013
- paramedical counselling application form 2013
- paramedical counselling tamilnadu 2014
- tamilnadu govnment collage b pharm counciling form 2016-2017
- gvnt colage b pharm counciling form 2016- 2017
- issuing date of application forms for paramedical courses 2016_17
- Paramedical Courses in Tamilnadu