Counselling for seats under sports quota begins, Sports quota topper takes engineering over medicine
Anaka Alangamani a squash player, the first candidate to be called for the single window counselling for BE/ B Tech courses under the sports quota on Thursday, chose engineering over medicine. She settled for a computer science seat in SSN College of Engineering.
Amritaraj, Mohana Priya and Vishali were also allotted sports quota seats.
Mohana Priya, a chess player who represented India in the Commonwealth Games, chose to study MBBS at the Government Kilpauk Medical College.
The Government quota seats in universities affiliated to Anna University, government, and government aided and self financing engineering colleges are to be allotted through a single window system of counselling. The number of applicants under the quota this year was 3,457. Of these, 350 were called for certificate verification and 247 selected. After release of the rank list, all of them were asked to attend the counselling. The three sports quota seats for medical education were also allotted here. There were 402 applicants, of whom 12 were called for certificate verification.
Counselling for vocational candidates will begin on Friday and go up to July 6. Counselling for the differentlyabled would be held on July 7 and academic general counselling would start on July 8.
The candidates selected for counselling for medical seats under the open category, due to begin at 9am at the Kilpauk Medical College campus, should be present an hour in advance, the secretary of the selection committee at the directorate of medical education said.
Incoming search terms:
- sports quota for engg admissions
- sports quota in engineering colleges
- sports quota admission engineering
- sports quota cut off for my sports certificates
- university sports quota in chennai
- 130 points in sports quota for tnea counselling
- Is there sports quota reservation under kcet in sit tumkur
- is there any sports quota reservation in SIT under KCET
- chennai college sports quota
- cancel of sports quota under school teacher posts in chandigarh